Adjectives that describe you include: dependable, conscientious, trustworthy, ethical, hardworking, and available.
The Way I See It
Your Responsibility theme forces you to take psychological ownership for anything you commit to, and whether large or small, you feel emotionally bound to follow it through to completion. Your good name depends on it. If for some reason you cannot deliver, you automatically start to look for ways to make it up to the other person. Apologies are not enough. Excuses and rationalizations are totally unacceptable. You will not quite be able to live with yourself until you have made restitution. This conscientiousness, this near obsession for doing things right, and your impeccable ethics, combine to create your reputation: utterly dependable. When assigning new responsibilities, people will look to you first because they know it will get done. When people come to you for help—and they soon will—you must be selective. Your willingness to volunteer may sometimes lead you to take on more than you should.
On the Shadow Side
God created Strengths. The devil can tempt you by the overuse or over-reliance on your strength. This is the shadow side of strengths. With this you may face some risks or temptations. Examples:
- You’re a micro manager—you have difficulty delegating
- You can’t say “no”, take on too much
- You over commit out of fear things won’t get done
- You’re obsessed with doing things right and can’t let anything go
Helpful links and Learning Tools
- Get a gift copy of the Strengths Workshop book
- Learn how this Strengths relates to your Four Domain of Strengths
- Get your Talent Image Card. Free
- Join Gallup Called to Coach Facebook group
- Join StrengthFinder LinkedIn Group
- Join The Catholic Strengths and Engagement Community
Copyright © 2000, 2012 Gallup, Inc. All rights reserved. Gallup®, StrengthsFinder®, Clifton StrengthsFinder®, and each of the 34 Clifton StrengthsFinder theme names are trademarks of Gallup, Inc.