Adjectives that describe you include: studious, assimilative, energetic, inquisitive, and motivated.
You love to learn. The subject matter that interests you most will be determined by your other themes and experiences, but whatever the subject, you will always be drawn to the process of learning. The process, more than the content or the result, is especially exciting for you. You are energized by the steady and deliberate journey from ignorance to competence. The thrill of the first few facts, the early efforts to recite or practice what you have learned, the growing confidence of a skill mastered—this is the process that entices you. Your excitement leads you to engage in adult learning experiences—yoga or piano lessons or graduate classes. It enables you to thrive in dynamic work environments where you are asked to take on short project assignments and are expected to learn a lot about the new subject matter in a short period of time and then move on to the next one. This Learner theme does not necessarily mean that you seek to become the subject matter expert, or that you are striving for the respect that accompanies a professional or academic credential. The outcome of the learning is less significant than the “getting there.”
On the Shadow Side
God created Strengths. The devil can tempt you by the overuse or over-reliance on your strength. This is the shadow side of strengths. With this you may face some risks or temptations. Examples:
- You’re a know-it-all
- You can talk the talk but don’t walk the walk
- All your learning doesn’t translate into getting things done
- Always a student but afraid of being the teacher
Helpful links and Learning Tools
- Get a gift copy of the Strengths Workshop book
- Learn how this Strengths relates to your Four Domain of Strengths
- Get your Talent Image Card. Free
- Join Gallup Called to Coach Facebook group
- Join StrengthFinder LinkedIn Group
- Join The Catholic Strengths and Engagement Community
Copyright © 2000, 2012 Gallup, Inc. All rights reserved. Gallup®, StrengthsFinder®, Clifton StrengthsFinder®, and each of the 34 Clifton StrengthsFinder theme names are trademarks of Gallup, Inc.