Adjectives that describe you include: single-minded, collaborative, efficient, goal-oriented, independent, and impatient.
“Where am I headed?” you ask yourself. You ask this question every day. Guided by this theme of Focus, you need a clear destination. Lacking one, your life and your work can quickly become frustrating. And so each year, each month, and even each week you set goals. These goals then serve as your compass, helping you determine priorities and make the necessary corrections to get back on course. Your Focus is powerful because it forces you to filter; you instinctively evaluate whether or not a particular action will help you move toward your goal. Those that don’t are ignored. In the end, then, your Focus forces you to be efficient. Naturally, the flip side of this is that it causes you to become impatient with delays, obstacles, and even tangents, no matter how intriguing they appear to be. This makes you an extremely valuable team member. When others start to wander down other avenues, you bring them back to the main road. Your Focus reminds everyone that if something is not helping you move toward your destination, then it is not important. And if it is not important, then it is not worth your time. You keep everyone on point.
On the Shadow Side
God created Strengths. The devil can tempt you by the overuse or over-reliance on your strength. This is the shadow side of strengths. With this you may face some risks or temptations. Examples:
- You ignore people and things that aren’t a priority
- You are overly impatient with delays, obstacles, and other time-wasters
- You run over (or avoid) people who hurt your focus
- You value efficiency more than love
Helpful links and Learning Tools
- Get a gift copy of the Strengths Workshop book
- Learn how this Strengths relates to your Four Domain of Strengths
- Get your Talent Image Card. Free
- Join Gallup Called to Coach Facebook group
- Join StrengthFinder LinkedIn Group
- Join The Catholic Strengths and Engagement Community
Copyright © 2000, 2012 Gallup, Inc. All rights reserved. Gallup®, StrengthsFinder®, Clifton StrengthsFinder®, and each of the 34 Clifton StrengthsFinder theme names are trademarks of Gallup, Inc.