Adjectives that describe you include: outgoing, articulate, captivating, conversational, descriptive, and expressive.
The Way I See It
You like to explain, to describe, to host, to speak in public, and to write. This is your Communication theme at work. Ideas are a dry beginning. Events are static. You feel a need to bring them to life, to energize them, to make them exciting and vivid. And so you turn events into stories and practice telling them. You take the dry idea and enliven it with images and examples and metaphors. You believe that most people have a very short attention span. They are bombarded by information, but very little of it survives. You want your information—whether an idea, an event, a product’s features and benefits, a discovery, or a lesson—to survive. You want to divert their attention toward you and then capture it, lock it in. This is what drives your hunt for the perfect phrase. This is what draws you toward dramatic words and powerful word combinations. This is why people like to listen to you. Your word pictures pique their interest, sharpen their world, and inspire them to act.
On the Shadow Side
God created Strengths. The devil can tempt you by the overuse or over-reliance on your strength. This is the shadow side of strengths. With this you may face some risks or temptations. Examples:
- You have the gift of the gab—and fail to perceive when others have wearied of your gabbing.
- You over-explain things and take way too long to get to the point.
- You place too much emphasis on communicating (particularly your communicating), and not enough on doing.
- You look down on those who don’t communicate as well as you do.
- You use your communication skills to obscure, gloss over, obscure, blow smoke, flatter, and even deceive.
Helpful links and Learning Tools
- Get a gift copy of the Strengths Workshop book
- Learn how this Strengths relates to your Four Domain of Strengths
- Get your Talent Image Card. Free
- Join Gallup Called to Coach Facebook group
- Join StrengthFinder LinkedIn Group
- Join The Catholic Strengths and Engagement Community
Copyright © 2000, 2012 Gallup, Inc. All rights reserved. Gallup®, StrengthsFinder®, Clifton StrengthsFinder®, and each of the 34 Clifton StrengthsFinder theme names are trademarks of Gallup, Inc.