Adjectives that describe you include: values oriented, altruistic, dependable, family-oriented, responsible, and spiritual.
The Way I See It
If you possess a strong Belief theme, you have certain core values that are enduring. These values vary from one person to another, but ordinarily your Belief theme causes you to be family-oriented, altruistic, even spiritual, and to value responsibility and high ethics—both in yourself and others. These core values affect your behavior in many ways. They give your life meaning and satisfaction; in your view, success is more than money and prestige. They provide you with direction, guiding you through the temptations and distractions of life toward a consistent set of priorities. This consistency is the foundation for all your relationships. Your friends call you dependable. “I know where you stand,” they say. Your Belief makes you easy to trust. It also demands that you find work that meshes with your values. Your work must be meaningful; it must matter to you. And guided by your Belief theme it will matter only if it gives you a chance to live out your values.
On the Shadow Side
God created Strengths. The devil can tempt you by the overuse or over-reliance on your strength. This is the shadow side of strengths. With this you may face some risks or temptations. Examples:
- You become so enamored with your beliefs that you have a hard time making healthy compromises.
- You are so fixated on your ideals that you dislike—even have contempt—for the mundane.
- You see things in black or white and view everyone as either with you or against you.
- You become paralyzed—or combative—when you think your values are being challenged
Helpful links and Learning Tools
- Get a gift copy of the Strengths Workshop book
- Learn how this Strengths relates to your Four Domain of Strengths
- Get your Talent Image Card. Free
- Join Gallup Called to Coach Facebook group
- Join StrengthFinder LinkedIn Group
- Join The Catholic Strengths and Engagement Community
Copyright © 2000, 2012 Gallup, Inc. All rights reserved. Gallup®, StrengthsFinder®, Clifton StrengthsFinder®, and each of the 34 Clifton StrengthsFinder theme names are trademarks of Gallup, Inc.